Baked Irish Gaelic Potato Chips

When I am on a diet, (who am I kidding, I'm e'er on a diet) my weight loss invention starts to falter when I teach a craving for something crunchy together with salty. I'm non talking around raw fruits together with veggie type of crunchy, I'm talking around spud combat crunchy. If I ignore this craving, it exclusively gets stronger; does that good familiar to anyone?

I did or thence online searching for a remedy to my craving that wouldn't bring a billion calories. I works life iii different recipes for baked spud chips that sounded promising.

After trying all three (and immediately tossing all iii into the garbage), I decided to construct upwardly my possess version. I must say I'm quite pleased alongside it. 

Not solitary does this petty recipe completely satisfy my "crunchy combat craving" but the ENTIRE RECIPE only has 1 tablespoon of olive oil!!

Wash together with dry out out half dozen golf game game ball size Yukon golden potatoes. Slice them every bit lean every bit possible. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 mandolin would component division expert for this, but I exclusively used my sharpest knife together with sliced them; exclusively elbow grease to construct them all an fifty-fifty thickness.


Toss the sliced potatoes alongside 1 tablespoon of olive oil, making for certain that a petty of the rock crude gets inwards between every slice. Lay the slices out on a heavy cookie canvass that has been lightly sprayed alongside vegetable spray, thence sprinkle the potatoes lightly alongside kosher salt.

Baking 4th dimension is important. One of the recipes I tried (and threw away) called for 2 hours at 200°F. That produced a dull, leathery land of potato. I even let it develop an extra HOUR together with it was soundless leathery...yuck.  Another recipe called for 18 minutes at 400°F which produced a crisp but burnt taste...yuck again.

So I decided to elbow grease Yukon golden potatoes. How long you bake them testament depend on how thick you sliced your potatoes together with how hot your oven runs. I baked mine inwards a 375°F electrical oven for 22 minutes, flipping them over half way through the baking time....just right.


These chips are meant to be eaten right away because they are non meant to concur out stored like a commercial spud chip. There are pocket-size "non-crunch" parts on the chips that would non store well.

I hope you testament elbow grease these. They bring a WONDERFUL flavour together with a fantastic, salty crunch!!!

NOTE:  Watch the chips closely the finally dyad of minutes because inward 1 trial they showtime to turn golden, they darken quickly.
Sumber https://new-myrecipes.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookmaker Salad

Ham, Pesto Inwards Add-On To Italian Cheese Stuffed Bread

2 Hour Canvass Pan Thanksgiving For Two Or Four: Onetime Bay Turkey Breast,Roasted Rootage Vegetables Inwards Add-On To Herbed Stuffing