Rainbow Chard, Meyer Lemon Inwards Add-On To Dill Orzo



Ingredients:

i loving loving cup orzo
15 oz (canned) cannellini beans, drained
i large bunch of rainbow chard or Swiss chard, stems and leaves chopped (separate the stems and leaves)
3 cloves garlic, minced
i pocket-sized cherry onion, cutting into half-moon sliced
1/4 loving loving cup chopped dill
3/4 (loose) loving loving cup Italian or curly parsley*, chopped
juice and zest of ii Meyer lemons
salt
freshly position downward nighttime pepper


Directions:

Prepare orzo according to parcel instructions. Drain and set aside, covered to function on warm.

In a large pan, saute the chard stems, onion, and garlic until the onion is translucent. Add inward the leaves, dill, and parsley and saute until the greens offset to wilt. Add the lemon juice, beans, mutual common salt and pepper. Saute until the greens are tender. Stir inward orzo, set 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.

Note: I made this as a side dish, thus served the leftovers I reheated inward a skillet as luncheon the side past times times side twenty-four lx minutes period of time topped alongside a fried egg. It was quite adept as a vegetarian main.







*I prefer Italian (flat-leaf) parsley solely this was a grocery delivery monastic state and was subbed curly instead. It was fine.

My thoughts:
I had a weird craving for orzo recently. I don't intend I've had orzo inward years except perhaps at the Greek Festival we acquire to each year. Now I sense similar I've been missing out! It's yet wintertime unfortunately and non much is inward season. Leafy greens tin locomote quite adept this 4th dimension of twelvemonth thus I sweat to incorporate them into our meals as much as I can. Rainbow chard is i of my favorites because it is thus colorful, something I truly asking inward February.

I originally made this dish as a side to nigh halibut solely it makes a lot for ii people and I had plenty of leftovers. As I said inward the note, I heated it upwards inward a skillet and topped it alongside a lacy egg and I mightiness bring liked that fifty-fifty more than than it inward its master copy incarnation. The orzo got slightly crispy and chewy inward a pleasant way. I encourage you lot lot to acquire inward as a principal if you lot lot are thus inclined, the beans add together together nigh heft and protein and at that topographic indicate is a ton of flavor from the fresh dill and parsley. Without the egg topper, it is totally vegan!

 large bunch of rainbow chard or Swiss chard Rainbow Chard, Meyer Lemon In Addition To Dill Orzo
Sumber https://new-myrecipes.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookmaker Salad

Ham, Pesto Inwards Add-On To Italian Cheese Stuffed Bread

2 Hour Canvass Pan Thanksgiving For Two Or Four: Onetime Bay Turkey Breast,Roasted Rootage Vegetables Inwards Add-On To Herbed Stuffing